Project & Construction Management
From start to finish, Kidder Mathews offers our clients comprehensive project coordination services that mitigate risk by addressing and monitoring all aspects of the building construction or tenant improvement process. We will tailor our services to your project’s particular requirements and scope.
Throughout the life of a project, we represent our clients’ interests by:
- Assisting in the identification of needs, potential issues and realistic expectations.
- Providing overall management of and direction on all project activities.
- Assisting in making fully informed and timely decisions.
- Providing information on all critical decision milestone dates.
- Facilitating efficient communication between the client and the project team by serving as a single point of contact.
- Chairing project team meetings.
- Managing the project budget and tracking projected costs against the original budget.
- Monitoring the construction schedule and coordinating updates as necessary.
- Providing expert knowledge of construction materials and methods.
The range of services that is available for our clients to choose from includes:
Project Team Coordination
- Assistance with lease negotiations.
- Assistance with the selection of the project team, including architect, engineers, consultants, general contractors, subcontractors and vendors.
- Assistance with development of cost-effective design solutions by identifying each client’s requirements early in the project.
- Consultation on design issues and value-engineering options prior to completion of construction documents.
- Estimation of construction costs based on preliminary design documents.
- Coordination of the bidding process, including preparation, evaluation and contract awards to general contractors, specialty and client vendors.
- Acquisition of building permits through appropriate jurisdictions.
- Assistance with the procurement and scheduling of carpeting, technology/low voltage systems and furniture.
- Preparation of the project schedule, providing updates as necessary.
- Review and update cost estimates as the construction progresses.
- Chair weekly construction meetings.
- Monitor the progress of construction through site inspections and through regular communication with the client and all team members.
- Review and approve invoices and change orders for accuracy.
Occupancy and Project Close-Out Services
- Assistance with move planning and logistics.
- Assure completion of punch list work.
- Secure completion of general contractor’s project close-out tasks.
- Review general contractor’s final cost accounting for accuracy.
- Obtain general contractor and subcontractors’ final lien releases.
- Provide client with project close-out documentation.
- Sustainability/Corporate Social Responsibility Assessments
- LEED Certification Management
- Consultant/Contractor Selection & Management
- Design Review
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Procurement Guidelines
- Employee Satisfaction/Productivity Strategies
- Training & Education Programs
- Marketing & Communications Support
Select Client List
- BHC Consultants
- Equity Office
- Estate of James Campbell
- FDA - Office of Criminal Investigations
- Foster, Petter & Shelfeman
- Foundation Bank
- Great Clips Training Center
- Meiweather Partners
- Mieko's Fitness Corporate Offices
- Minor & James Medical Clinic
- Newark Airport Retail
- Novo Nordisk
- Obstetrix - Eastside Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Orthopedic Physicians Associates at Swedish Orthopedic Institute
- Ottawa International Airport
- Penny Arcade
- Perkins Coie
- Real Networks
- SeaTac Office Center
- Seattle Sleep Center
- Toronto Eaton Center
- University of Washington
- Western Washington Sheet Metal J.A.T.C. & Local No. 66