Kevin M. Thene, MAI
Valuation Advisory Services
Kevin M. Thene is a vice president with Kidder Mathews Valuation Advisory Services located in San Diego, CA. He became a designated member of the Appraisal Institute in 1989. Prior to joining Kidder Mathews, he was a managing director with Cushman and Wakefield (2004- 2017) and responsible for performing and reviewing appraisal and consultation assignments and managing professional staff. Prior to joining Cushman Wakefield, Mr. Thene was a partner with Lipman, Stevens, Marshall and Thene, LLC also in San Diego.
Uses of work product ranges from debt financing, equity participation, feasibility and market studies, acquisition due-diligence, buy-out negotiations, property tax appeals, estate and gift, and litigation consulting. Appraisal assignments have been completed regarding a wide variety of property types including for sale and for rent multifamily properties, mobile home parks and RV parks, office, industrial/research and development, retail, life science, marinas and vacant land.
Geographically, Mr. Thene has focused on San Diego County and the Inland Empire, though has consistently worked in the larger Southern California market and periodically in the greater Western United States and Baja Mexico for more than 30 years.
Mr. Thene is qualified as an expert witness in bankruptcy and civil matters in the State of California and in federal court, and served as appraiser and neutral arbitrator in rent and value-based arbitrations.
Designated Member, Appraisal Institute. As of the current date, Kevin M. Thene, MAI has completed the requirements of the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute.
Bachelor of Science, University of Arizona
Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in California, License #AG003085
Expert Witness Experience & Litigation Related Work
- Superior Courts of Los Angeles and San Diego Counties
- Federal Court in San Diego, CA
- Arbitration – Served as an independent arbitrator on real estate matters in San Diego and Riverside, California
- County Board of Assessment Appeals – San Diego and Orange Counties
Professional Real Estate Appraisal Experience Sampling
- Pacific Gateway; The valuation of a proposed 2.5MM s.f. mixed use project on the San Diego Bay incorporating two hotels (1,360 keys), 1.1MM s.f. of office space and 290,000 s.f. of retail space on a 15.5 acre site (2016)
- Seaport Village and The Headquarters; a 90,000 s.f. themed retail center (Seaport Village) on a Port of San Diego participating ground lease with 2.5 years remaining and the adjacent Headquarters at Seaport, a 73,000 s.f. themed retail center repositioned in 2013 encumbered by a 40 year Port of San Diego participating ground lease (2016)
- Genesis at Campus Point; a speculative redevelopment of the SAIC Campus on Campus Point Drive and Campus Point Court into a life science campus comprising 310,000 s.f. in 4 buildings (2016)
- La Jolla Cove; a mixed use residential, hotel and retail project located on Prospect Street overlooking the Pacific Ocean in La Jolla, CA (2015)
- Tax Appeal for The Point; a 300,000 s.f. office project achieving a 50% ($45MM) value reduction (2009)
Portfolio Valuation Work Sampling
- The Emmes Office Portfolio, four multi-tenant office towers in Downtown San Diego comprising 1.44MM s.f. of Class A and Class B office space (2016)
- Lifetime Fitness, a portfolio of fitness facilities throughout the United States
- Review of the GE Mexico Industrial portfolio exceeding 2 billion s.f. of rentable space
- Carefree MHP and RV portfolio comprising over 60 mobile home parks and RV parks throughout United States and Canada