Senior Vice President
LIC # 01123195
Rick has spent over 29 years in the west coast industrial and office investment markets, both as an institutional-level investment broker and as a principal. His experience in investment sales marketing, combined with his principal-side acquisitions and client relations roles, provides his clients with unique relationship and transactional insights on both single-asset and portfolio executions.
Prior to joining Kidder Mathews, Rick led Colliers’ investment sales business, handled transactions for RREEF in Southern California and Denver, and prior to that was both an investment broker and principal at Trammell Crow Company for almost 20 years. While at TCC he managed office and industrial investment sale transactions, originated acquisitions, and managed development projects in addition to responsibilities as an asset manager. Prior to receiving his MBA, Putnam worked for J.P. Morgan in New York City.
- Founder and leader of the Colliers Investment Services Group - Western Region
- Career transaction volume in excess of $6.8B
- Lead broker on over 225 listed dispositions, and over 425 completed transactions
- Founded and grew Trammell Crow Company’s West Coast Capital Markets Group into a $1B annual volume business entity
Affiliations and Memberships
- ULI National Council Member; ULI/CMIC OCIE Chapter
- NAIOP, RealShare, RenTV Speaker
- RE-Licensed in California and Nevada
Rick is involved with various community organizations, including World Affairs Council of Orange County, SCA, and LBUSD Watchdog.
BA, Stanford University; MBA, UCLA Anderson School of Business
- e-mail Rick
5 Park Plaza, Suite 1700
Irvine, CA 92614
Select Client List
- Charles Dunn Co.
- Dermody Properties
- DRA Advisors
- Equity Office
- First Industrial
- Morgan Stanley
- Summit Development
- TA Associates Realty
- Washington Holdings
- Western Real Co.