Senior Vice President, Partner
LIC # 00904064
John Olenchalk has over 31 years experience in commercial real estate. He specializes in office, R&D and industrial sales, leasing and tenant representation, focusing primarily in east bay, but with extensive experience in the greater Silicon Valley and mid-peninsula submarkets.
He has been directly involved in transactions totaling nearly 30 million square feet of land, office/R&D/industrial space. One of the largest land transactions in Alameda County in 2013, John closed a $26,000,000 42.22 acre sale to Integral Partners, LLC. In late 2009, he represented Solyndra on their lease of a 506,940 square foot manufacturing facility, valued at approximately $45,000,000. Notable office deals include tenant representation in downtown San Jose for Class A space for SpeedInfo; and the relocation of the corporate headquarters for Enecsys, from Cambridge U.K., to Class A office product in Redwood Shores. As a member of the leasing team for BioMed Realty Trust, John assisted in the 265,000 square foot office lease to Logitech at Pacific Research Center in Newark, signed in late 2011, and 235,000 square feet to Theranos in 2012. Lucid Car Company took 126,721 square feet in 2017, followed by 305,000 square feet in 2018 with the expansion valued at approximately $96,000,000.
Acting as the tenant rep for various sports related users, John has completed deals including seven transactions for Gold’s Gym, City Beach Volleyball’s relocation to Santa Clara from Emeryville, Planet Granite (also Santa Clara), and GoKartRacer in Burlingame. He also acted as both tenant/buyer’s rep and leasing/sellers rep on Silicon Valley properties for RREEF, Legacy Partners, BioMed Realty Trust, Guidant, Cabot Partners, Drawbridge Partners, Southern Pacific Real Estate, Pacific Gas and Electric, RMC Lonestar, Tri Net Realty Trust, Drawbridge Realty Trust, Torian Holdings, Guilford Glazer, and Wolper & Company among others.
Prior to his career in commercial real estate, John played professional football with the Kansas City Chiefs and the Montreal Alouettes.
B.A. Human Biology, Stanford University, 1977
Partial List of Lease & Sales Transactions
- 42.22 Acre sale to Integral Communities, LLC
- 506,940 SF manufacturing facility lease to Overton Moore Properties representing Solyndra
- 265,000 SF office lease to Logitech representing BioMed Realty Trust
- 235,000 SF to Theranos representing BioMed Realty Trust
- 214,537 SF warehouse lease to Ross Stores representing J.P. Morgan Investment
- 193,579 SF R&D/flex campus lease to Sun Microsystems representing J.P. Morgan Investment
- 140,000 SF manufacturing bldg. lease to LTD Ceramics representing J.P. Morgan Investment
- 174,600 SF industrial bldg. sale representing Tri Net Realty Trust
- 76,641 SF industrial bldg. sale representing Tri Net Realty Trust
- 44,400 SF industrial bldg. sale representing Tri Net Realty Trust
- Industrial bldg. and land sale representing Commercial Bank of Fremont-REO
- 2-acre industrial site lease representing RMC Lonestar
- 19.1 acre industrial bldg. sale representing Lincoln Property Co.
- 2.57-acre + 30,000 SF mfg. bldg. sale representing Western States Glass
- Represented Gold's Gym with leasing 7 locations in the greater Silicon Valley
- 7.85-acre + 174,021 SF bldg. sale representing Newark Cherry Street Assoc., Ltd.
- 7.97-acre industrial land sale representing Lincoln Property Co.
- 10.91-acre industrial land sale representing Lincoln Property Co.
- 50,000 SF warehouse lease representing Guilford Glazer/San Oak Mgmt.
- 80,000 SF warehouse lease representing GoKartRacer
- 120,000 SF warehouse lease representing RREEF/Cal West
- 88,000 SF leased investment representing Cabot Properties & Nguyen Trust
- 44,000 SF R&D bldg. sale presenting Drawbridge Partners & LeeMah Industries
- e-mail John
203 Redwood Shores Pkwy, Ste 530
Redwood City, CA 94065
Select Client List
- BioMed Realty Trust
- Cabot Properties
- City Beach Volleyball
- Gold's Gym
- J.P. Morgan Investments
- Planet Granite
- Tri Net Realty Trust
- National Football League Players Association
- Native Vision Program
- 11-99 Foundation
- B.P.O.E. #1471