First Vice President, Partner
Jerome joined Kidder Mathews in 2002, and currently has over 27 years of experience as a commercial real estate broker. Prior to coming to Kidder Mathews, Jerome spent 14 years with First Western Properties where he was consistently recognized a top producer and a member of the Presidents Club.
Before entering the real estate industry, Jerome worked for Pilcher Commercial Construction Company, where he was an estimator and project manager for larger commercial and industrial projects. These projects were in both the private and public sector. His background and experience in the commercial construction industry has proven to be extremely valuable when evaluating commercial real estate development and redevelopment opportunities for his clients.
Jerome also founded, owned, and operated Canopy Land, a retail outlet for campers and canopies in Tacoma.
As a First Vice President and Partner with Kidder Mathews, he specializes in the acquisition, sales, and leasing of suburban office and retail projects. He works in both the Washington and Idaho markets. The blend of his overall background in business development, construction, and real estate allows him to be a valued asset to his clients.
Jerome has exclusively represented many regional and national clients as tenants, buyers, and developers. Some of them include Jack in the Box, Starbucks, Burger King, Save- A-Lot Grocery, GE Capital, Video Update, Little Caesars Pizza, Goodwill Industries, Papa John’s Pizza, Franciscan Health Care, Dominos, NAPA Auto Parts, Heritage Bank, The Kirk Company, Apple Physical Therapy/ATI and Laird Norton Company.
Education / Experience
Jerome O’Leary is a Broker in Washington State. He attended Tacoma Community College and Washington State University, emphasizing on business, and he has completed the Kirby School of Pre-Engineered Building.
- 200+ acres in various land sales over recent years.
- Co-development of 13,000 square feet retail center, Puyallup, WA.
- Co-development of 118,000 square foot retail site, Auburn, WA.
- Sale of 13,000 square foot professional building, Puyallup, WA.
- Sale of 89,000 square foot retail center, Spanaway, WA.
- Sale of 54,000 square foot retail center, Steilacoom, WA.
- Sale of 42,000 square foot retail center, Tacoma, WA.
- Sale of 24,000 square foot retail center, Puyallup, WA.
- Sale of 20,000 square foot professional building, Des Moines, WA.
- Sale of 42,000 square foot Athletic Club, Renton, WA.
- Sale of 65,000 square foot Athletic Club, Gig Harbor, WA.
- Sale of 19,500 square foot former Auto Dealership on +4 acres of land, Renton, WA.
- Sale of 20 acres of land to the City of Bonney Lake, Bonney Lake, WA.
- Lease of medical and dental office space over 57,000 square feet in western Washington.
- Multiple Apple Physical Therapy Clinics in western Washington.
- Assemblage and sale of five land parcels totaling 12.5 acres on SR-410, Bonney Lake, WA for professional office and retail campus.
- InterWest Bank build-to-suit, Centralia, WA.
- Multiple Burger King transactions, Tacoma and Gig Harbor, WA.
- Lease of the first five Papa John's Pizza in Pierce County.
- Rezone and sale of 10 acres, Fife, WA
- Lease of Goodwill's 45,000 square feet, Maple Valley, WA.
- Lease of Goodwill's 48,000 square feet, West Olympia, WA.
- Lease of Goodwill's 58,000 square feet, warehouse, Lakewood, WA.
- Ground lease, Outback Steakhouse, Puyallup, WA.
- Lease of eight Little Caesar's Pizza.
- Over Twenty-five Jack in the Box transactions, Washington and Idaho.
- Multiple sales of land for 7/11 and Citco Gas facilities.
- Pier One Imports lease, Puyallup, WA.
- Rite Aid land sale, Puyallup, WA.
- Starbucks build-to-suit, Tacoma, WA.
- Multiple Starbucks leases in King, Pierce, and Lewis Counties.
- Multiple land sales throughout Washington and Idaho for development of retail centers.
- e-mail Jerome
1201 Pacific Avenue, Ste 1400
Tacoma, WA 98402
Select Client List
- Apple Physical Therapy/ATI
- Associated Grocers
- Burger King
- Central Pierce Fire & Rescue
- Dominos Pizza
- Excess Space
- Franciscan Health Care
- GE Capital
- Goodwill Industries
- Heritage Bank
- Jack in the Box
- The Kirk Company
- Laird Norton Co.
- Little Caesar’s Pizza
- Napa Auto Parts
- Papa John’s Pizza
- Pier One Imports
- Retail Services, Inc.
- Rite Aid
- Save-A-lot Grocery
- Starbucks Coffee
- Union Bank
- Washington State Fair
- Washington State Liquor Board
- Washington Tractor
- Chair of Kidder Mathews Northwest Retail Group 2002-2006
- Washington State Commercial Association of Realtors - Educational Board Member 1995
- Rotary International, South Hill, Puyallup - President 1994 - 1995; Secretary 1993 - 1994; Board Member 1996 - 2001
- Steering Committee Member, City of Puyallup, Growth Management Act 1993 - 1995
- Tacoma/Pierce County Chamber of Commerce
- International Council of Shopping Centers - Associate Member 1989 - Present
- Washington State Basketball Officials Association 1978 - 1988
- Commercial Broker's Association (CBA)
- Washington State Fair Rodeo Committee 2004 – 2013
- Board Member Puyallup Food Bank 2008-2009
- Pierce County Surface Water Advisory Committee 2013