Timothy I. Mason
Executive Vice President
LIC # 00832545
Timothy I. Mason is an executive vice president with Kidder Mathews. Mason's breadth of skills and experience enables him to undertake a variety of assignments on behalf of Kidder Mathews, which assignments include the sale and purchase of investment properties, advising corporate clients on their existing and future space needs.
Professional Brokerage Experience
On joining Kidder Mathews in 1999, Mason brought over 30 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry to the firm. Mason moved to the United States, from London, in 1981 and became managing director of Jones Lang Wootton's West Coast operations. Subsequently Mason was a founding partner in Knight Frank's San Francisco office which became the North American head quarters for this international full service real estate firm.
Selected Project Experience
- Negotiated the sale for $278 million of some 14 acres of Bay front development land within Mission Bay, San Francisco to Salesforce.com for its proposed 2,000,000 sq. ft. head quarters campus.
- Sold 601 and 625 Townsend Streets together with 650 King Street, San Francisco to Macromedia (now a subsidiary of Adobe) - this comprises a head quarters complex of 325,000 sq. ft. of offices and adjacent garage.
- Negotiated the sale of 5 Thomas Mellon Circle, Executive Park, San Francisco which is a 100,000 sq. ft. three story office building to be redeveloped with 500 multi-family residential units.
- On behalf of Lowe Enterprises acquired the site of 500 Terry Francois Boulevard, Mission Bay, San Francisco for the construction of 283,000 sq. ft. of office space and sold the property on completion of the development, prior to any lease-up, for approximately $145 million to CBRE Investors.
- Represented Alexandria Real Estate Equities in the sale of 1600 Owens Street, a site entitled for some 240,000 sq. ft. of life science or office development, to the Kaiser Foundation for $52 million.
- Negotiated the joint venture between Hines Interests and Mitsui Fudosan for the development of Sanwa Bank Plaza, Los Angeles.
- Sale of multiple investment properties among which are One Bush Street, One Union Square, and 445 Bush Street, all in San Francisco. Also sold Pactel Plaza and 1000 Oak Road, Walnut Creek.
- Advised and represented major financial institutions on their office needs in San Francisco including Thomson Financial Services, Friedman Billings Ramsey, IDG Ventures, HIG Capital, and Swander Pace Capital Partners.
Mason qualified and became a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors through the College of Estate Management - University of London. Mason is a licensed California real estate broker.