Timothy I. Mason
Executive Vice President
LIC # 00832545
Timothy I. Mason is a executive vice president with Kidder Mathews. Mason brings his breadth of skills and experience to benefit clients in the life science and research industries, in the sale and purchase of investment and development properties and assisting clients to meet their existing and future corporate space needs.
Professional Brokerage Experience
On joining Kidder Mathews in 1999, Mason brought over 30 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry to the firm. Mason moved to the United States, from London, in 1981 and became managing director of Jones Lang Wootton’s West Coast operations. Subsequently Mason was a founding partner in Knight Frank’s San Francisco office which became the North American headquarters for this international full service real estate firm.
Selected Project Experience
Life Sciences – Leasing And Sales
- On behalf of Wareham Development undertakes numerous assignments to lease life science and research properties in Berkeley and Emeryville, CA. These projects have included: EmeryStation West, Emeryville (265,000 square feet), 740 Heinz Avenue, Berkeley (110,000 square feet), 715 Potter Street, Berkeley (75,000 square feet), in 5858 and 5980 Horton Street, Emeryville (multiple suites totaling some 40,000 square feet), and 2727 Seventh Street, Berkeley (multiple suites totaling some 20,000 square feet).
- Represented Alexandria Real Estate Equities on the marketing of its Mission Bay Campus, San Francisco, CA. This assignment included leases at 1700 Owens Street, 1600 Owens Street, 499 Illinois Street and 455 Mission Bay Boulevard South. Also advised Alexandria on the sale of part of its campus to Salesforce.com and Kaiser Permanente.
- On behalf of Kilroy Realty acted as the leasing broker in respect of The Exchange, Mission Bay, a 745,000 square foot development and will be representing Kilroy Realty in the leasing of its Oyster Point Campus in South San Francisco, that is under development and will comprise a total of some 2,500,000 square feet on full build-out.
- Represented Bayer Healthcare in the sale of its 53 acre research and manufacturing campus at 2600 Hilltop Drive, Richmond, CA. The campus comprised over 350,000 square feet of research, manufacturing and administration space with development rights to construct an additional 650,000 square feet of improvements.
- On behalf of Amgen acted as its leasing broker in respect of its facilities in South San Francisco. These totaled some 750,000 square feet of life science and office space that was surplus to requirements; sub-tenants secured included; Verily and Calico (both Google owned entities), NGM Biopharma and Prothena Corp.
Sales and Purchases
- Represented Kohler Industries in the sale of 1201 Bryant Street, San Francisco a 148,000 square foot light industrial building that was surplus to corporate requirements. Through a competitive bid process the property was sold to SKS Real Estate who have undertaken a full rehabilitation of the building and leased it to GM Cruise.
- Represented the purchaser of 717 Battery Street, San Francisco, a 43,000 square foot office building that is now The Battery.
- Represented a consortium of buyers in the acquisition of The Landing at Oyster Point, South San Francisco, CA, a 42 acre site entitled for the development of some 2,250,000 square feet of life science and research property. Subsequently represented this buyer in the sale of property to Kilroy Realty.
- On behalf of a private family ownership, sold 5 Thomas Mellon Circle, San Francisco, a 4.69 acre residential development opportunity over-looking the San Francisco Bay and capable of providing some 500 multi-family residential units.
- On behalf of a private investor, sold 1522 Bush Street, San Francisco, a vacant 15,000 square foot car repair facility that was impacted in its potential development and commercial use by the San Francisco General Plan. Through its marketing, an owner user was secured who closed on the sale having obtained the needed CUP from the City’s Planning Department.
- Represented the graphic design firm, Cooper on its San Francisco facilities included leases within 100 First Street, 85 Second Street and 450 Sansome Street, a total of over 50,000 square feet.
- Represent International Settlement Holding Company in the leasing of its commercial Jackson Square portfolio that includes 501 Jackson Street (retail), the Hippodrome Building at 551-559 Pacific Avenue, San Francisco, (retail and offices), 855/857 Montgomery Street (retail and offices), 730 Montgomery Street and 57 Hotaling Place (retail and offices), and 465 Jackson Street (offices).
- Other tenants represented include IDG Ventures, FBR, HIG Capital, TBD Consultants, Vitalant, Swander Pace Capital, Related California Urban Housing, LLC, Veritable, LP, San Francisco Parks Alliance, SF Achievers, BioQ Pharma, Inc. The Economist, Inc. and Atom Computing.