Senior Vice President, Partner
Office Leasing & Sales
Rod Keefe has been involved in commercial real estate brokerage since 1990. In 1991 Rod joined Kidder Mathews in Seattle as an office leasing specialist. Since then he has expanded his work to include assisting clients in the acquisition or disposition of commercial properties in the downtown Seattle area. Rod is a partner in the company and a long-time top producer at Kidder Mathews having completed office leases totaling more than 3 million sf during his career.
A brief summary of some of Rod's notable transactions are as follows:
- US Bank lease renegotiation for 182,387 sf at US Bank Centre
- Milliman, Inc. lease renewal/expansion for 93,244 sf at Rainier Tower
- Nuance Communications leased 82,740 SF at the Exchange Building
- Avolo.com leased 50,286 sf at the Airport Office Center
- Zenith Administrators lease renewal/expansion for 50,242 sf at Queen Anne Plaza
- Nuance Communications, Inc. leased 45,568 sf at the 505 First Avenue S. Building
- FCB Worldwide & Weber Shandwick subleased 27,818 sf at 605 Union Station
- Imperium Renewables sublet 27,309 sf at the Star Building
- Blink UX leased 27,192 sf at Waterfront Place
- MusicNet subleased 23,125 sf at World Trade Center North
- The Nature Conservancy leased 21,875 sf at the Alaska Trade Building
- The Port of Seattle leased 21,003 sf at SeaTac Office Center
- Mercent leased 20,000 sf at the 1633 Westlake Building and expanded by 5,115 sf
- Milliman Care Guidelines leased 18,348 sf at Millennium Tower
- Root Metrics leased 15,522 sf at the Sweeney Conrad Building
- Weber Shandwick leased 15,050 sf at the 818 Stewart Building
- Run Studios sublet 13,784 sf at the 101 Elliott Building
- Groff Murphy renewed its 13,625 sf lease at the 300 E. Pine Building
- DeVry University leased 13,532 sf at Redstone Corporate Center I
- Farmers Insurance leased 10,235 sf at One Triton
- The Mexican Consulate renewed its lease for 9,900 sf at the 2134 3rd Avenue Building
- Draft FCB leased 8,055 sf at the Joshua Green Building
- Sale of the 27,000 sf Sherman Clay Building to a local investment group
- Walsh Construction acquired the 25,000 sf 509 Fairview Building
- Car Toys, Inc. acquired the 20,000 sf 20 West Galer Building
- Assisted Paine Property, LLC in the acquisition of the 2033 23rd Avenue S. Building
- Encore Media acquired the 4,000 sf 425 N. 85th Street Building
- Assisted East-West Investment Company, Inc. in the sale of 300 W. Harrison and the acquisition of Canyon Realty Center, Queen Anne Plaza, and South Hill Park
- Assisted Teralani Enterprises, LLC in the acquisition of the RKO Building, the 300 E. Pike Street Building, the 1925 Third Avenue Building, the sale of 2217 Third Avenue, the sale of a 50% interest in 1925 Third Avenue, and a 100% sale of 1925 Third Avenue
- Assisted Legacy Commercial in the acquisition of the 20,000 sf 11th and Pine Building
- Represented JBT Third LLC in the sale of 1513 Third Avenue
- Assisted S3KM LLC in the acquisition of the 3600 15th Avenue West office building
- Represented Element Investments LLC in the acquisition of the 11,400 sf 3016 NE Blakely Building
Rod received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Middlebury College in Vermont.
- e-mail Rod
601 Union Street, Ste 4720
Seattle, WA 98101
Select Client List
- A. H. Belo Corporation
- The Bank of New York
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ
- Blink UX
- Building Changes
- Caliber Home Loans
- Corbis Corporation
- DeVry University
- Draft FCB
- East-West Investment Company, Inc.
- Encore Media
- Farmers Insurance
- Fierce, Inc.
- Foster Pepper, PLLC
- Freehold Group
- Garrison Investment Group
- Information Builders, Inc.
- Interpublic Co.’s
- King County
- Mexican Consulate
- Milliman, Inc.
- Netreflector, Inc.
- Nike, Inc.
- Nitze-Stagen Co.
- Nuance Communications, Inc.
- Pacific Life
- Pugh Capital
- Root Metrics
- Seattle Metropolitan Credit Union
- Surplus Line Association of Washington
- Teralani Enterprises, LLC
- TriMet Development
- US Bank
- Washington State Medical Association
- Weber Shandwick