First Vice President
LIC # 01252464
With over 18 years representing life science tenants, Justin Helbig brings a diverse understanding of how laboratory space users can identify, lease, or purchase the right facility for their business. By carefully aligning his clients with the limited inventory of existing laboratory options at any given moment in the real estate cycle, Justin helps his clients avoid costly tenant improvements, technical deficiencies, and onerous lease provisions.
Justin’s clients include established Fortune 500 firms as well as a wide range of emerging companies with limited resources and ambitious occupancy needs. He is quick to identify aspects of a transaction requiring additional subject matter expertise and he partners with colleagues within and outside the firm to deliver optimal results.
Mr. Helbig leads the firm’s life science practice group in Southern California while maintaining his established client relationships in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Bachelor of Arts in business; University of Arizona
- LEED AP
Select Project Experience
- Account manager for Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont operations for strategic campus analysis, lease restructures, and new acquisitions in the SF Bay Area and other global markets.
- Represented Signature BioScience in over 115,000 sq. ft. lease transaction in San Francisco. SF Business Times "Lease of the Year".
- Account team member for Genentech-Roche for lease acquisition of 75,000 sq. ft. at 4155 Hopyard Road, Pleasanton.
- Represented Molecular Devices in the lease acquisition of 44,000 sq. ft. of adjacent expansion to their Sunnyvale campus and led disposition of 70,000 sq. ft. in Union City.
- Represented Bayer Healthcare in the valuation and purchase of 90,000 sq. ft. manufacturing building related to their purchase of the Betaserone business from Novartis in Emeryville. Also represented them for numerous lease acquisitions around their West Berkeley campus.
- Advised Rennovia on several short-term renewals for 14,000 sq. ft. in Menlo Park before relocating them to a 25,000 sq. ft. laboratory in Santa Clara.
- e-mail Justin
1 Park Plaza, Suite 500
Irvine, California 92614
Select Client List
- AB Sciex
- Bayer Healthcare
- Comparative Biosciences
- Emery Pharma Services
- Kezar Life Sciences
- Kiverdi, Inc.
- Lypro Biociences
- Molecular Devices
- Signature Biosciences