Elliot Harkness, CCIM, GLS
Elliot Harkness works out of the Kidder Mathews Long Beach office. As vice president, he specializes in tenant/buyer and landlord/seller representation for industrial property in the South Bay submarket of Los Angeles County.
Home to the two largest ports in the country, Elliot focuses on logistics companies and properties serving the Los Angeles goods transportation industry. He received the highly respected Global Logistics Specialists (GLS) designation from Cal State Long Beach in 2016. In addition, Elliot is also a Certified Commercial Investment Member through the CCIM Institute.
With an eye for detail, he provides exceptional marketing and negotiating services for his clients continually going the extra mile to ensure his clients are satisfied with the outcome of their real estate transactions.
Prior to joining Kidder Mathews, Elliot worked with Heger Industrial, concentrating on sales and leasing of industrial property in Los Angeles. He began his career there as a property manager, later transitioning into sales. This background set a solid foundation to understanding and helping owners and users through their most challenging real estate transactions.
Areas of Expertise
- Logistics transactions
- Landlord/seller representation
- Tenant/buyer representation
- Marketing & leasing of multi-tenant business parks
Recent Transactions (Partial List)
- Leasing of 70,357 SF multi-tenant business park in Carson, CA
- Leasing of 164,675 SF multi-tenant business park in Gardena, CA
- Leasing of 41,090 SF warehouse in Gardena, CA
- Leasing of 1.6 acre land site in Carson, CA
- Leasing of 21,916 SF in Gardena, CA
- Sale of 28,000 SF warehouse in Long Beach, CA
- Leasing of 76,000 SF multi-tenant business park in Paramount, CA
- Sale of 10,000 SF warehouse in Compton, CA
- Sale of 29,000 SF warehouse in Pico Rivera, CA
- Leasing of 23,887 SF multi-tenant business park in Gardena, CA
B.A. degree in philosophy from Occidental College
Notable Achievements & Community Involvement
- Certified Investment Member Designation (CCIM) Juris Doctor, Seattle University
- Global Logistics Specialist Designation (GLS)
- Multi year CCIM Los Angeles chapter board member
- Served four years as the growth and retention coordinator and president of Long Beach Abundance BNI networking chapter
- Member of the Long Beach Chamber of Commerce