William N. Genschow
Appraiser & Consultant
Valuation Advisory Services
William N. (Bill) Genschow has been actively engaged in the appraisal of real estate in the state of Washington since 1996, and previously in the state of Texas since the early 1980s. Earlier he was a commercial real estate agent and an income property owner in Florida. He joined Kidder Mathews in March 2014. Prior to joining, he was an appraiser with Strickland, Heischman & Hoss, Inc. in Tacoma.
Bill's extensive appraisal experience includes the valuation of a variety of property types, ranging from urban air rights to regional malls to iconic properties such as the Bellevue Club, Thornwood Castle, and the Whittier Estate on Orcas Island. His experience includes assignments in twenty-one counties in Washington State, including eminent domain assignments, wetlands mitigation, Indian trust lands, conservation easement diminutions, Olympic National Park in-holdings, as well as all types of land and improved properties. In downtown Tacoma, for instance, Bill has appraised Columbia Bank Center, Bank of America Building, former Key Bank Tower and Annex, Tacoma Financial Center, Provident Building, Ninth and Broadway Building, former Tacoma Art Museum, Thea's Landing, Albers Mill, Hanna Heights, Midtown Lofts, two marinas, and other properties.
- Bachelor of Science degree, Washington State University
- Ten courses offered by the Appraisal Institute
- Uniform Appraisal Standards for Federal Land Acquisition (Yellow Book) course
- Sixteen seminars offered by the Appraisal Institute, plus periodic USPAP update
- Three courses offered by the former Society of Real Estate Appraisers, plus R-1 Examination
- Appraisal-related seminars and courses offered by the CCIM organization, International Right of Way Association, Master Builders Association, WSU Extension, WA Association of Realtors, and American Bankers Association
Professional Licenses and Memberships
- Practicing Affiliate of the Appraisal Institute
- State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in Washington (1100861)
- Approved Appraiser, State of Washington Department of Transportation
- Designated as a Certified Residential Green Appraiser (CRGA)