Tom Fernwood, MAI
Valuation Advisory Services
Mr. Fernwood began his career as an appraiser with World Savings in 1986 upon his graduation from San Francisco State University. Since this time, he has had the opportunity to appraise a wide variety of property types, including industrial and commercial properties, apartment buildings, business and industrial parks, shopping centers, proposed subdivisions, high-rise office buildings, wineries and vineyards, and special-use properties such as dormitories, food-processing plants and schools.
Tom received the MAI designation through the Appraisal Institute in 2014 and has been licensed by the State of California as a "Certified General Real Estate Appraiser" since 1989.
- November 1, 2016 to Present: Kidder Mathews, San Francisco, CA Vice-President, Valuation Advisory Services.
- April 2013 through October 2016: JPMorgan Chase Bank, Walnut Creek, CA. Senior Appraiser, Multifamily Lending Group.
- January 2010 through April 2013: Fernwood Realty Valuation Group, San Anselmo, CA. Owner/Sole-Proprietor.
- 2008-2010 The Fillmore Group, San Jose, CA. Senior Appraiser.
- 2000-2008 Cushman & Wakefield, San Jose, CA. Senior Appraiser.
- 1997-2000 Property Sciences Group, Concord, CA. Commercial Appraiser.
- 1992-1997 Pinnacle Appraisal Service, Mountain View, CA. Owner and Sole-Proprietor. Specializing in 1-4 unit residential appraisals.
- 1988-1992 Advance Data, Inc. San Jose, CA. Chief Residential Appraiser and Partner.
- 1986-1992 World Savings & Loan, Redwood City, CA. Residential Appraiser.
- Member of the Appraisal Institute-MAI Designated Member (#106756)
- State of California Certified General Real Estate Appraiser (No. AG009288)
San Francisco State University – School of Business: Bachelor of Science, business administration with emphasis on marketing and finance, awarded in January, 1986