Eric Bluestein, CCIM
Executive Vice President, Shareholder
LIC # 01720416
Eric H. Bluestein brings over 19 years of expertise in sales and leadership positions to Kidder Mathews. Eric maintains strong client relationships by creating a strategic vision for their future real estate needs and by capitalizing on current market conditions. At Kidder Mathews, Eric focuses his work in San Francisco, Silicon Valley and Emeryville/Berkeley, representing tenants and landlords in the life sciences and technology sectors, as well as advising clients on making sound financial leased investment decisions. Eric is one of the key partners in Kidder Mathews’ China Services Group representing dozens of tenants, landlords, and investors who are engaging in the Bay Area real estate market and are seeking a clear and seamless entry into the market.
Prior to joining Kidder Mathews, Eric was a member of the Northern California Corporate Advisory Services team at UGL-Equis Corporation, where he specialized in global and national tenant representation real estate services and prior to that, VP of sales for a prominent internet travel company.
Select Project Experience
- Represented Exelixis successfully in its relocation from South San Francisco to Alameda into a ±130,000 sq. ft. campus, and prior to this, assisted in the subleasing of over 200,000 sq. ft. of laboratory and office space in South San Francisco.
- Represented Neuralink in the leasing of a 48,240 SF facility in Fremont.
- Represented Madison Reed in numerous leasing assignments since its inception, and most recently leasing 13,500 SF at 430 Shotwell in San Francisco.
- Represented ICBC Bank, the largest bank in China, in the leasing of its West Coast Headquarters at 345 California Street in San Francisco.
- Represented State Grid Corporation of China in its acquisition of a 95,550 sq. ft. building at 250 W. Tasman in San Jose for approximately $37,000,000.
- Represented NextEV, a well-known electric car company based in China, in the leasing of 85,017 sq. ft. at 3200 North First Street, San Jose for its North America R&D Center.
- Represents Wareham Development in the ongoing leasing of both Emerystation and the Aquatic Park campuses in both Emeryville and Berkeley, totaling over 2,000,000 SF.
- Represented Grail in the leasing of ±72,000 sq. ft. in Menlo Park.
- Represented a high net worth family office from China in its acquisition of two class A office buildings for approximately $60,000,000, totaling 96,000 sq. ft. in Sunnyvale, both of which were leased to a AAA-rated credit tenant.
- Represented Prudential and SKS in the leasing of a four-building laboratory project at Harbor Bay Business Park in Alameda. Completed over 300,000 sq. ft. of new leases and renewals to the FDA, Celera, All Cells, Biotime and Penumbra.
- Represented Bayer Healthcare in the sale of its 355,000 sq. ft., 53 acre, campus in Richmond, CA.
- Represented Alexandria Real Estate Equities in the marketing of 700,000 sq. ft. of its 2.7M sq. ft. development project at Mission Bay in San Francisco. This has included major leases with tenants such as UCSF, Illumina, Pfizer, and the sale of a ±232,000 SF development site to Kaiser Permanente.
- Represented LaunchSquad in numerous leasing assignments, most recently leasing over 13,000 sq. ft. at 340 Pine Street in San Francisco.
- Represent GCL Solar Energy in its strategic analysis of the Bay Area market and the execution of its leasing strategy for its first US Headquarters space at Embarcadero Center, its most recent expansion into 14,730 sq. ft. at One Market, San Francisco, and other potential expansion opportunities throughout the region.
Eric H. Bluestein has earned his CCIM Institute Designation (Certified Commercial Investment Member) as a real estate investment specialist. In addition, Eric Bluestein received his B.A. in history from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, with a certificate in environmental studies.
He resides in San Francisco and enjoys traveling, hiking, and spending time with his family.
- e-mail Eric
101 Mission Street, Suite 2100
San Francisco, CA 94105
Select Client List
- TENANT REP LIST
- Bayer Healthcare
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- ICBC Bank
- Qihoo 360
- Madison Reed
- LANDLORD REP LIST
- Alexandria - Mission Bay
- BioMed Realty Trust
- SKS Investments
- Wareham Development
- Wealth Properties - 1388 Sutter Street