In the News
April 10, 2014
City Hall Facility Planning Open House will be at City Hall on Tuesday, April 22
Normandy Park Blog
Back to top
An Open House to discuss the possible repair or replacement of Normandy Park's aging City Hall will be held (at City Hall) on Tuesday, April 22.
"At the regular Council meeting on April 8, 2014, City Manager Glenn Akramoff presented options to the Normandy Park City Council for the repair/replacement of the aging City Hall," reads an announcement. "This meeting was not a finalization of any option, just a direction for the City Manager to follow-up on. The options presented to Council were as follows:
1. Lease Towne Center facility and create a long term plan for the existing City Hall and Recreation Center using a public process.
2. Build a future City Hall and Recreation Center on the current site - relocate to another site during construction.
3. Rehabilitate the existing City Hall and Recreation Center - relocate to another site during construction.
4. Rehabilitate existing Recreation Center and build a future City Hall on our current site - relocation would not be required.
The Council voted 4-1 to allow the City Manager to obtain a draft lease agreement with Kidder Mathews for the leasing of over 6,000 sq. ft of office space at the Normandy Park Towne Center, 19801 1st Ave S. This draft lease agreement will be brought back to Council at the regular meeting on May 13th. Between now and May 13th, Normandy Park staff and Council Members are interested in hearing your opinion on the potential move to Towne Center and the construction of a new City Hall and Recreation Center.
Citizens are invited to a public open house on April 22nd at Normandy Park City Hall, 801 SW 174th St. This event will start at 5:30 PM and go until 9:00 PM. There will be representatives from Kidder Mathews Commercial Real Estate Firm, David A. Clark Architects, and Normandy Park City staff. The agenda for the open house is as follows:
- 5:30 - 7:00 - City Hall tours beginning every twenty minutes with City staff.
- 7:00 - 8:30 - Informational meeting with City staff, Kidder Mathews, and David A. Clark Architects. 8:30 - 9:00 - Question and Answer period for the audience.
There will be more updates to follow. Please encourage any of your friends/neighbors/relatives who live in Normandy Park to sign up on our social media sites to stay informed of what is going on. If you are planning on attending this event, please email Police Chief Chris Gaddis at email@example.com so we can get an accurate count for the room requirements. A City Hall Task Force will also be created in May. This Task Force will be made up of community members and supported by city staff. The purpose of the Task Force is to evaluate the location, size, and use of a future City Hall and Recreation Center.